Terms and Conditions
Mystical Heart Collective LLC appreciates your business and trust. Please read our policies carefully. By participating in our services, retreats, facilitation, ceremonies, events, programs, professional, and coaching services, you agree and give consent to these terms and conditions.
Mystical Heart Collective LLC provides transformational and spiritual development coaching to our clients through the healing process of connection, accountability, support, and other professional services. Our programs and coaching services are not a substitute for medical or professional advice and are for educational purposes only. We do not make ANY claims to outcomes, results, or return on investment for any program or service.
Coaching is not a medical service. It is an unregulated, emerging profession and is not accredited by any institution or organization. Coaching is not counseling, psychotherapy, or clinical in nature and we do not use professional assessments, or offer treatment or diagnosis for addiction, physical, or mental illness.
Mystical Heart Collective LLC does not advocate, suggest, approve or disapprove of the use of psychedelic medicines such as ayahuasca, San Pedro, psilocybin and other plants. We do not condone or facilitate the use of illegal substances. All retreats and events are conducted in accordance with the laws of the countries in which they are being held. Mystical Heart Collective LLC does not provide medicine to our clients directly, but act as facilitators to connect clients to trained professionals and shamans who may offer healing services with plant medicines in sacred spiritual ceremonies. No fees are charged for plant medicines. Clients choose on their own accord what treatments and programs to incorporate into their healing process.
Mystical Heart Collective LLC and its owners and employees are not responsible and claim no liability for our clients’ treatment, recovery, sobriety, safety, legal, health, wellness, or other outcomes.
Clients are responsible for their own choices, behaviors, and decisions and enter into the coaching relationship, online course, and/or retreat understanding there are no guaranteed outcomes or results.
3. Payment for Services
COACHING, SERVICES, AND PROGRAMS PAYMENT POLICY:
PAYMENTS: In addition to our pay in full options, we offer payment plans through Paypal.
Choosing a payment plan requires agreement and adherence to the terms set forth by PayPal, providing a credit card that is kept on file and charged monthly for the duration of the plan, according to the payment terms you agree upon when you enroll in the course.
Failure to make the agreed payments will result in immediate removal from the program until another payment method is provided. Please contact us immediately if you need to change the terms of your payment plan, or update your card.
Failure to complete the terms of your payment agreement will result in referral of your account to collections. If you are in a financial situation that is preventing you from keeping the payment terms, please contact us to work something out.
RETREAT PAYMENT POLICY:
DEPOSIT: $1,500 USD down is required to submit a reservation request.
PAYMENTS: Once approved, remaining balance may be paid in full, or in 1-2 additional payments, time permitting. To participate in a payment plan, you must provide a credit card to be kept on file and charged according to your payment plan.
DUE DATE: The full balance is due 30 days before the retreat begins
4. Programs and Services Refund Policy
We want all our students and clients to be fully satisfied with our courses, retreats, and services. For this reason, we offer a discovery call with you prior to enrollment to ensure it’s a good fit on both sides. We want you to be sure you made the right choice, and we offer payment plans to provide flexible options to pay over time.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of the nature of our work, and because our program includes digital intellectual property, we do not offer refunds on our programs and courses.
We do not offer refunds on private coaching sessions, even if the session was missed or not used before its expiration date.
We believe that we and our programs over deliver in every way, and we value our personal relationships with each one of you, so if you have an issue with any of the material, reach out to us and we will find a solution. We do not offer refunds for failure to participate in private or group calls, keep up with, or complete the program or course.
If you are in a financial situation that is preventing you from keeping your payment terms, please contact us to work something out.
5. Retreat Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations, transfers, and partial refunds are possible with 31 days or more advance notice before the start date of your retreat. We do not offer transfers, refunds, or cancellations with less than 30 days notice before your retreat, regardless of the reason. Please carefully read our COVID-19 POLICY before booking.
CANCEL: 50% refund minus $75 administrative fee
CANCEL: 25% refund minus $150 administrative fee
No transfers, cancellations, or refunds available.
6. Retreat Policies
Leaving the Retreat Early
If you choose to leave the retreat before your reserved stay is over, no full or partial refunds will be available. You will be responsible for arranging transportation to the airport in Guayaquil or offsite. Included airport transfer is only available at the close of the retreat.
Travel Delays and Disruptions
Delays and cancellations happen, and we recommend making sure you have plenty of time to make connecting flights, and to be at the airport for the group pickup at 3pm on the first day of your retreat. Traveling to Ecuador can be a long process from many countries, so traveling a day before your retreat begins is recommended. You will receive information about travel into Guayaquil and lodging recommendations via email when your reservation is accepted.
If you miss your flight or it is cancelled, and you will arrive after the first medicine ceremony (evening of Day 3) we will not be able to allow you to join the group and you will not receive a refund. We have this policy to protect the energy and integrity of the group space and experience. We are not responsible for financial losses due to travel delays, flight cancellations, border closings, illness, medical issues, personal matters, visa status, or acts of God.
In light of COVID-19, Mystical Heart Collective strongly recommends all retreat participants to purchase flight and travel insurance to cover all contingencies, medical care, quarantine costs, and nonrefundable deposits, fees, and expenses – see more information in COVID-19 section below.
If flights are cancelled or borders are closed in your home country or Ecuador due to COVID-19, deposits and retreat fees paid are non-refundable, and will be credited for use in a future retreat within one calendar year of the date of the border closing. In the unlikely event that a retreat is cancelled or postponed by Mystical Heart Collective due to COVID-19, our Retreat Cancellation and Refund Policy will remain in effect, and we will offer full credit of all deposits and fees paid for a future retreat within one calendar year.
Mystical Heart Collective disclaims all liability from travel delays, disruptions, and cancellations due to COVID-19 and again, strongly recommends purchasing flight and travel insurance that covers COVID-19.
Comparison shop for travel insurance here.
Behavior Guidelines and Rules
We respect and value your retreat experience, healing processes, and personal boundaries, and expect that you will do the same toward our staff and your fellow guests. We have a zero tolerance policy for certain behaviors that are harmful, disruptive, or dangerous for the group. Committing one of these offenses is grounds for removal from the retreat with no refunds. Removing someone who has broken their commitment to respecting these guidelines is at the sole discretion of Mystical Heart Collective staff.
- Sexual harassment
- Abusive or threatening behavior toward others, including racism, sexism, homophobia, or other offensive language or behaviors
- Patterns of disruptive behaviors inside or outside ceremony that create discomfort for other guests, or significantly interfere with the healing process of other guests
- Using cell phones or electronics during ceremony
- The use of alcohol, substances, or drugs of any kind
- Leaving the retreat venue without a staff member’s knowledge
- Behavior that puts your own or others’ safety at risk
- Theft – we create a trusting family environment where everyone feels that they and their belongings are safe
Mystical Heart Collective reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time at our discretion.
Privacy and Confidentiality
What you share and experience in retreat is private to the group and is treated as confidential by retreat staff and other guests. We do not share personal, contact information, medical information, or confidential information with other guests or outside persons without explicit permission from the guest.
Medical Fitness and Safety
If it is deemed medically unsafe or dangerous for you to participate in any ceremony or sweat lodge (i.e. recent prescriptions taken that are contraindicated with ayahuasca, illness, accident, or other health or safety conditions) we reserve the right to withhold any medicines or ceremonies that may be determined to cause harm to you or others.
No specific medical or health issue will disqualify you from attending a retreat with us, however your safety, health, and wellness is our first priority, and we cannot accept applications from guests who could experience harm, damage, or death from participating in our events and retreats.
We respectfully ask for your complete honesty and frankness on your Reservation Request and Medical Assessment form so that we can determine if our retreat experiences is right for you. We can only do this in good faith if we have all the facts and information.
We reserve the right not to accept reservations from guests based on health, medical, or safety concerns at any point in the application and interview process, or onsite at the retreat. If for any reason it is deemed unsafe or dangerous for you to participate in the retreat upon your arrival, no refunds will be given. Please purchase travel insurance.
Cell Phones and Social Media
Plant medicine retreats are designed to create a safe space for disconnection from the distractions of the outside world so that we can go inward. Nothing is more disruptive to this process than cell phones and social media. It is a vital component of the healing process to disconnect from our devices as much as possible during the retreat. Our suggestion is to check in with your people when you arrive, and turn off your phone for the duration of the retreat. We know this may not be possible or desirable for everyone, so we ask that you use discretion with devices, laptops, and cell phones whenever possible.
Devices are not permitted in ceremony spaces, the yoga shala, during meals, workshops, or meetings. Any gathering with the group requires our full attention and we ask that you please respect this request and refrain from using your device in these shared spaces. The best choice is to leave it in your room.
- Posting private or personal images or information about the retreat staff or other guests on social media without permission is not tolerated and could result in removal from the retreat. Please get consent to take photos of others, and to post photos of others publicly. Not everyone is out of the psychedelic closet.
- Photos are not allowed of the ceremony spaces or during ceremony, and it is not allowed to listen to music or use headphones during ceremony. Please do not bring phones or cameras to ceremony.
7. Acknowledgement of Risk and Assumption of Responsibility
Mystical Heart Collective takes every step possible to ensure a safe, healthy, and enjoyable retreat experience. However, traveling and working with plant medicines have inherent risks that must be acknowledged, and are an unavoidable part of your participation in the retreat experience. Participating in a plant medicine retreat and included ceremonies, sweat lodges, and on-site activities in nature, such as water sports can cause loss or damage to you, including but not limited to physical and emotional harm, accidents, injuries, illness, permanent disability, trauma, or death. Participants are responsible for their own choices and safety throughout the retreat.
The Medical Guidelines we provide are based on the knowledge and recommendations of our highly skilled shamans, as well as scientific and medical resources. It is highly dangerous, even deadly, to mix ayahuasca with pharmaceuticals, including but not limited to: recreational drugs, SSRIs, MAOIs, benzodiazepines, tranquilizers, and other drugs that act on the serotonin system of the brain. Omission or dishonesty about medications and drugs can cause permanent injury, illness, or death.
There are no medical professionals on our staff, and we urge you to consult your health practitioners to ensure it is safe for your mental and physical health to participate in the retreat experience prior to booking a retreat.
8. Unauthorized Use of Intellectual Property
This website, our digital course portal, and all copy, materials, emails, digital content, blogs, podcasts, images, online courses, videos, graphics, social media posts, and audio contained therein are copyrighted and are the intellectual property of Mystical Heart Collective LLC. It is unlawful to copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the content of this site, our online courses, or any materials provided or displayed at a retreat or event, other than for personal use connected to participation in the course, retreat, or event. All staff photography and video footage taken during our retreats or events is the digital property of Mystical Heart Collective LLC.
No use other than that stated above is authorized without our explicit written consent. You are granted a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our courses, programs, and associated material for your own personal use. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance, or in any way exploit the material contained on this website or provided to you in a paid program or service in any manner.
By participating in our programs and services, you agree that any digital content you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of Mystical Heart Collective LLC. You further agree that you shall not create any derivative work based on our programs or courses, nor offer any competing programs, products, or services based on any information contained in our programs.
9. Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 Policies
The safety of our guests and staff is our first priority. In order to minimize risk and help prevent the transmission of COVID-19, we require that each participant agree to the following policies before booking a reservation for a retreat.
By participating in a Mystical Heart Collective retreat, you agree to the following:
- By attending our retreat or event, participant assumes all risk, liability, and responsibilities, including financial, health, medical, and legal issues associated with contracting or spreading COVID-19 before, during, or in the 14 days after your retreat, as well as costs for medical treatment, transportation, and quarantine.
- Participant agrees to purchase flight and travel insurance to cover all contingencies and non-refundable deposits and expenses, including all possible medical expenses and accommodation in case of a COVID-19 infection or quarantine.
- Participant understands and agrees to our Cancellation and Refund Policy. If flights are cancelled or borders are closed in your home country or Ecuador due to COVID-19, deposits and retreat fees paid are non-refundable, and will be credited for use in a future retreat within one calendar year of the date of the border closing. In the unlikely event that a retreat is cancelled or postponed by Mystical Heart Collective due to COVID-19, our Cancellation and Refund Policy will remain in effect, and we will offer full credit of all deposits and fees paid for a future retreat within one calendar year.
- In order to ensure the safety of our guests, and decrease the likelihood of COVID-19 entering our retreat space, we require proof of a negative COVID RT-PCR test dated within 5 days of the start of your retreat. All travelers arriving in Ecuador must provide proof of a negative COVID RT-PCR test taken no more than ten (10) days before entering the country. Note that our requirement is different and more time stringent. There are no exceptions to this requirement. RT-PCR tests are the only ones that will be accepted. Rapid test results, serological tests, vaccination records, or immunity tests will not be accepted. Please plan accordingly! For more up to date information about the travel requirements in Ecuador, please visit the US Embassy website here.
- Participant agrees not to travel if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms prior to their departure, or immediately alert Mystical Heart Collective staff if experiencing the following symptoms while traveling to, from, or while at the retreat:
- Respiratory symptoms such as sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms such as muscle aches, unusual joint pain, chills, or extreme fatigue
- Changes in sense of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea (unrelated to medicine experiences)
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
6. Participants who are at high risk for transmission of the coronavirus (over 70 years of age, immunocompromised, or those with some pre-existing health conditions) agree to delay booking a retreat with us until they have been fully vaccinated, or after travel risk is considered negligible by the World Health Organization.
7. Participants agree to adhere to the following COVID-19 safety measures while traveling to our retreats:
- Wear a mask or face shield while traveling
- Wash hands and sanitize frequently
- Always wash hands after using the restroom, touching your face, nose, or mouth, and eating
- To the extent possible, avoid touching public door handles, handrails, and other frequently touched surfaces in public places. Also avoid shaking people’s hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet whenever possible during travel
- Follow all guidelines and directions set forth by airports and airlines
8. Participant agrees to receive a temperature check from a touchless thermometer on their retreat start date, prior to boarding transportation to the retreat venue.
9. Participant agrees to sign a liability waiver stating that they are not currently exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 such as:
- Respiratory symptoms such as sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms such as muscle aches, chills, or severe fatigue
- Changes in sense of taste or smell
10. Participant understands that they will not be permitted to leave the airport with the group without a confirmation of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 5 days prior to the start of their retreat, and a temperature check from a touchless thermometer on the retreat start date which does not exceed 100°F.
12. In the event that the Participant tests positive for COVID-19, or is experiencing a fever in excess of 100°F the afternoon of the retreat start date, they will not be permitted to attend the retreat. Mystical Heart Collective will assist participant in locating accommodations in Guayaquil near a medical facility, however we are not able to assume financial or other liability for any participant contracting COVID-19 before the retreat begins.
13. Participant understands that attendance and participation in retreat activities may increase the likelihood of exposure to conditions in which Coronavirus is transmitted and spread. Mystical Heart Collective is not able to prevent the presence of COVID-19, and we are unable to ensure you will not become infected through travel or participation in our retreats. Participant assumes all risk of infection, illness, or death due to coronavirus by attending this retreat. Participant understands that there are no refunds or transfers in the event that they contract COVID-19 before or during the retreat.
14. Mystical Heart Collective LLC is not responsible for any loss, damage, illness, harm, or death that may come to you by attending our retreat, and as such are released of all future liability, lawsuits, and responsibility.
15. Participant agrees to review the CDC’s guidelines on symptoms, testing, prevention, and travel as related to COVID-19.
If you have any questions about our policies or Terms and Conditions, please contact us via email below.